Pages

Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Crafts: My First Handmade Tote Bag

I attended my second sewing class tonight for 3 hours and I am so happy I took it! I am so proud of what I made:
ain't it pretty?
 The fabrics I got spontaneously. I arrived on time but they forgot to give me the list of supplies, so it took me 30 minutes to buy all the materials needed! What a waste of time. I was in a hurry to get all the materials,  I just took the first fabric that I saw. I hate it when I feel like I'm in a panic mode! It felt like I'm on Project Runway and I'm running out of time! 
with 2 inner pockets!
 I'm happy with the color combinations and this surprise me! The first thing that come to mind while running down the textile aisle was "I want something for Spring..." This fabric caught my eye among all other fabrics (a lot of them are so pretty darn cute) because of the butterflies.
finished!
I was opting for more pink. But I already have a lot of pink fabric, white gets dirty easily, and brown is just...too much already. So I got the orange one instead for contrast (inner lining). My instructor helped me look for the straps because I couldn't find it! Good thing I spotted the brown one! Lucky!

We weren't able to finish on time so we took it home to finish it by ourselves. I'm so glad on how it turned out! I will definitely make more of these!

No comments:

Post a Comment