Pages

Thursday, February 2, 2012

Felt Project: Jake the Dog

Hello! I just started sewing and I'm having fun so far! 

For my first felt project, I was inspired by a cartoon show: Adventure Time - one of my favorite cartoons. I also remember Lisa mentioned that her brother watches that cartoon, it motivated me to do this project. I actually made a small Jake the Dog, by hand, and gave it to my friend's little brother :) I wasn't able to take a picture though. 

So, this is my second felt project, but my first 6" plushie. I'm happy how it turned out. Considering this was my first time to make plushes, I'm so proud of it. I kinda wish I've given this one to Shawn instead, because it looks better and it's bigger!

Here it is:
~ jake the dog ~
I made this entirely from felt and also some polyester filling, the kind you use inside stuff animals. I hand sewn it, because I don't know how to use a sewing machine yet, and I don't want to mess it up - I still have a sewing class to attend to. Haha.

My DH (darling husband), brought this to work and showed it to his friends, they said, I did pretty well for a first timer, but I could use a little more practice. LOL. I take criticisms very well, so it's okay, and I understand, because I'm a beginner and gave me more reason to go on and do better.

Next time, hopefully, I will have the time and guts to make video tutorials on crafts or maybe a step by step picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment