Pages

Friday, February 17, 2012

Recipe: Homemade Sugar Cubes

Okay, so I plan this originally to give out during the Holidays last year (in different designs and colors) but I wasn't able to do it. Luckily, I needed something to give out on Valentine's Day and figured to practice doing it before that day comes. I'm happy with the outcome and already given out a few to those who saw in on my Facebook and wanted to try it.

my homemade sugar cubes
Since Heart's Day is over. I'm getting ready for another 2 Holidays! I will do a red white and blue for President's Day, and all green for St. Patrick's Day! How lovely! I was happy I picked this kind of silicone mold because it's so versatile. All I need is to buy more color varieties for different occasions. 

I will show you the easy steps to make it. You'll need:
silicone mold (candy molds are harder to work with and may cause cubes to break)
1/4 cup white granulated sugar
1/4 tsp. cold water
12 drops of food coloring

Mix them together. Pour on the molds and leave overnight. The next day, carefully pop them out! Done! You can use this on any beverage you like. 

Enjoy making them and giving out to family and friends! Let me know how you did. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment