Pages

Thursday, March 8, 2012

Project: Sham Pillowcases

Oh my goodness! I'm overloaded with projects! 

First, my DH's friend asked me to do 15 pillowcases! Not just pillowcases, it's for shams! The square kind and it's huge! I have to to 9 pcs of 29" x 29", 3 pcs of 24" x 24", and 4 pcs of bolster covers (the round pillows). All must have zippers! And I haven't done pillowcases nor put zippers on! 

Aside from the deadline - which is supposed to be this Saturday (but I managed to ask until Monday, at least) - the fabrics were provided by the client and it's imported. It's one of a kind and exact size. There's no room for error!

Holy crap for a beginner like me! But thank goodness I managed to do it, and so proud of it! I'm self-taught on this one and happy with the outcome.

This is the first batch:
laying flat
put on

two-colored sham case
The zippers are bought at downtown LA. I'm so thankful DH was the one who drove, I hate driving at downtown LA! And he has work that day too and need much sleep, but he helped me look for materials. Lucky to have that guy.

3 down, more to go! Aside from the sewing projects, I also have graphic designing projects! I still have to finish a brochure for Helen! Hope I finish on time! 

No comments:

Post a Comment