Pages

Thursday, September 27, 2012

Being A Mom-to-Be

I've decided to blog a bit about my pregnancy, let's say a mommy journal for me :) I am now a proud mommy-to-be and I've never been happier in my life! I'm excited and anxious at the same time. That's also the reason why I haven't been posting for a while now. I got so busy with my life lately that shopping, crafting and posting make-up hauls and reviews has been pushed aside. 

The first 3 months was terrible for me: the morning sickness, can't eat-can't drink-anything routine. I can't use the computer or text or even watch TV because I'm dizzy all the time. All I did was sleep (well at least tried to), throw up and complain to my husband how sick I am.

There was also a scary moment when the OB thought I had a miscarriage (I was at 8 weeks that time), I'm so happy my pregnancy went through. It was just a miscalculation of my due date (I was only 5 weeks when I had my first pregnancy check-up).
first glimpse of baby
In the first few months (first trimester), all I can do is walk from the bedroom to the restroom to chuck out everything I took in. I lost 10 lbs instantly. The only thing I can eat are soups, Eggo, and smoothies. I'm nauseated ALL THE TIME.

I look terrible and my skin got blotchy and breakouts out of nowhere - right after I had my chemical peel and my skin was starting to get clear again, oh well...- I can't take the smell of any skincare / makeup products too. I find everything off-putting. I wash my face with a cleanser though. No moisturizer or anything. Maybe that's also the reason why I broke out.

happy and surprised mommy-to-be
My sense of smell was heightened, so I can smell EVERYTHING!!! I especially hated my husband's cooking. LOL. I can't stand to be outside the bedroom whenever he's cooking, I have to close the bedroom door or wear a surgical mask whenever I want to go to the kitchen or living room. We also have to go out to buy food instead of eating what he prepared. I will just take a bite, and I'll push it aside.

fool proof LOL
The 4th and 5th month is when I started to eat and get better. I started to go out, do some walking exercise and re-gain my energy. And that's when we found out we're having a boy! And we all thought I'm having a girl.

As of the moment, I'm on my 6 months now and enjoying my pregnancy. I can eat better now, I'm not sure what kind of food I'm craving though...you better ask my husband for that. Also, my skin is starting to clear up, I still have dark spots on my cheeks due to those acne marks (hormonal changes), but I don't have new pimples coming out, so I'm fine with that...maybe my skin is starting to have that "pregnancy glow". 

 just swallowed a whole watermelon
My husband started to compliment and love my preggy-figure too. Which is super nice to say. I can also feel my baby's movement get stronger now. His kicks startle me sometimes. My husband also felt him move the first time, and it was a precious moment :)

My hair and nails grow faster than usual and looks healthier. I'm also gaining weight in a normal phase (I'm 117 lbs at the moment). I started to shop for maternity clothes too. Like tops that accentuates my belly, more stretchy clothes, nursing bras, etc...and make up!!! I can finally wear make up and use skin care again!

I'm doing okay, Baby is also doing well. Everything is going fine. And I'm happy :)

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, its so different seeing you preggers. I mean I knew you were pregnant but seeing your tummy is totally different. IDK I'm glad that everything is getting better and that you are now enjoying being pregnant! Can't wait to meet the little baby, hes going to be so cute! Glad to see that you are posting again too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL. Even I get surprised when I look in the mirror everyday. I can't believe how big I am now! I can't wait to see my little boy too, I hope he looks like me! Haha.

      Delete