Pages

Friday, January 6, 2012

Recipe: Cookie Crumble



I'm not really a baker. My husband is. So I'm so happy when I baked my first cookies! Here's what it looks like:

~ my cookie crumble ~


We got some of our friends to taste it, and it was a hit! I want to share it with you guys and enjoy!

You'll need: 
1 1/4 cups light brown sugar
1 cup shortening (or butter)
1 tsp. vanilla extract
2 large eggs
2 cups all purpose flour
6 tbsp. unsweetened cocoa powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. baking soda
2/3 cup mini semi-sweet choco chips
1/3 cup sugar
1/2 cup powdered sugar

Makes: 3 dozen.

How to:
  1. Beat brown sugar, shortening and vanilla in large bowl with an electric mixer at medium speed until well blended. Add eggs; beat until fluffy.
  2. Stir together flour, cocoa, salt and baking soda. Gradually add to shortening mixture, beating at medium speed just until blended. Stir in chocolate chips. Cover and chill 3 hours.
  3. Heat overn to 375 degrees. Shape dough into 1 1/4-inch balls. Roll in granulated sugar, then in powdered sugar to coat completely. Place 2 inches apart on ungreased baking sheet.
  4. Bake 8 - 10 minutes or until cookies are set. Cool 2 minutes on baking sheet. Remove to wire rack to cool completely.

That's it! Easy steps! Hope you have fun baking! 

No comments:

Post a Comment